A. Personal Information
Pyramid collects personally identifiable information from you when you register on one of our websites, place an order, subscribe to our newsletter, respond to a survey or fill out a form. When visiting one of our websites you may be asked for certain information which includes but is not limited to full name, address, telephone number, email address, IP address, browser details, etc.
Pyramid collects and uses your personal information to deliver services that you have requested, to inform you of other products or services available to you from Pyramid, to solicit feedback from you on customer service and to provide you with periodic updates. Giving us this information is voluntary. However, if you do not give us this information, we will not be able to provide any of the products or services you request from us.
Financial information that is entered through this website is used to bill the user for products and services. We will not provide your credit information to anyone except as necessary to process your order or if reasonably necessary to comply with law or to protect our rights or property.
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our websites, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others rights, property, or safety.
How can I disable Cookies?
Consult with your browser’s user manual to set said browser to block cookies:
- If using Google Chrome, open a new Incognito Window.
- If using Mozilla Firefox, open a new Private Window.
- If using Microsoft Edge, open a new InPrivate Window.
- If using Apple Safari, open a Private Browsing window.
If you are not using one of the above browsers, please consult your browser’s user manual. The above instructions are not meant to serve as complete cookie blocking guideline. Please refer to your browser’s documentation for more detailed information on cookie blocking and private browsing.
C. Third party links
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third party products or services on our websites. These third party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
D. Social Media Widgets
Our website may include links that direct you to other websites or services whose privacy practices may differ from ours. You use of and any information you submit to any of those third-party sites is governed by their privacy policies.
To prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy, and ensure the correct use of information, we have put in place appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online against accidental and unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, unauthorized disclosure, of, or access to personal information. Please be advised, however, that we cannot fully eliminate security risks associated with the storage and transmission of personal information.
G. Data Retention
We will retain your personal information for as long as you maintain an account or as otherwise necessary to provide you with our products and services. We will also retain your personal information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
Where permissible, we will also delete your personal information upon your request. To make a deletion request contact us at PGMSC@pecs.com.
H. Marketing Communications
Where we are legally required to do so, we ask you for your prior consent before providing you with promotional materials or information. When marketing consent is obtained, we use the double-opt-in method (confirmation of your email address by email before sending you promotional messages) in order to verify your consent. You may revoke your consent at any time (this will not affect the processing of your personal data undertaken until the revocation). You may opt out of receiving promotional communications from us by using the unsubscribe link within each email or by contacting us directly. We will subsequently have your contact information removed from our promotional email list. Even after you option out from receiving promotional messages from us, you will continue to receive transactional messages from us regarding our products and services purchased or ordered.
I. Accessing, Correcting, Updating and/or Erasing the Information We Collect
You have the right to ask, free of charge, whether we have a record of any personal information and the details of that information as well as ask us to correct and/or update any personal information we have about you. You may submit your request to PGMSC@pecs.com.
You may request us to erase any personal information stored by Pyramid when the information is no longer necessary for the purpose for it was collected or processed. Unless we have a valid reason for rejecting your request, we will erase the personal information in question as soon as reasonably possible, but no later than 30 days after we have received your request. You may submit a request at PGMSC@pecs.com.
We are not obligated to accede to your request if it necessary to retain any personal information to comply with our other legal obligations, or if required to establish, exercise or defend any legal claims.
At present time, all our apps are native to the device they are downloaded on. Pyramid does NOT collect any Personal Data via the apps or via third-party tool such as Google Analytics Mobile. Personal Data is defined as any of the following: email address, device ID, first and last name, billing or shipping information and so on.
K. How to Contact Us
If you have any questions, comments, or concerns about how we handle your personal information, you may contact us at PGMSC@pecs.com.
By accessing and using this site and all related sites operated by Pyramid, you accept the following terms and conditions, without limitation or qualification.
- The content of these websites are for your general information and use only. They are subject to change without notice.
- Nothing contained in this site shall be construed as conferring by implication, estoppel, or otherwise, any license or right to any copyright, patent, trademark or other proprietary interest of Pyramid or any third party. This site and the content provided in this site, including, but not limited to, graphic images, audio, video, html code, buttons, and text, may not be copied, reproduced, republished, uploaded, posted, transmitted, or distributed in any way, without the prior written consent of Pyramid, except that you may download, display, and print one copy of the materials on any single computer solely for your personal, non-commercial use, provided that you do not modify the material in any way and you keep intact all copyright, trademark, and other proprietary notices.
- The information provided on this site is free of charge and for informational purposes only and does not create a business or professional services relationship between you and Pyramid. Links on this site may lead to services or sites not operated by Pyramid. No judgment or warranty is made with respect to such other services or sites and Pyramid takes no responsibility for such other sites or services. A link to another site or service is not an endorsement of that site or service. Any use you make of the information provided on this site, or any site or service linked to by this site, is at your own risk.
B. Limitation of Liability
- Unless otherwise stated, the contents of this site including, but not limited to, the text and images contained herein and their arrangement are the property of Pyramid. All trademarks used or referred to in this website are the property of their respective owners.
C. Your Use of the Site
- Your use of any information or materials on these websites is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through these websites meet your specific requirements.
- You may not create a link to one of our websites from another website or document without Pyramid’s prior written consent.
- Neither Pyramid nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on these websites for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Unauthorized use (as determined by Pyramid) of our websites may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offense.
F. Governing Law; Dispute Resolution
- You are responsible for complying with the laws of the jurisdiction from which you are accessing this site and you agree that you will not access or use the information on this site in violation of such laws. Unless expressly stated otherwise herein, any information submitted by you through this site shall be deemed non-confidential and non-proprietary. You represent that you have the lawful right to submit such information and agree that you will not submit any information unless you are legally entitled to do so. Because of the open nature of the Internet, we recommend that you not submit information you consider confidential.
- Your use of our websites and any dispute arising out of such use are subject to the laws of the applicable jurisdiction.
- Picture Exchange Communication System, PECS, and Pyramid Approach to Education are the registered trademarks of Pyramid Educational Consultants, Inc.
Copyright © 1992-2021 Pyramid Educational Consultants, Inc. All rights reserved.
Last Revised: April 26, 2019